Benefits of Firing Modes

ARCT3CHARCT3CH
Combat Arms Rep: 515
edited May 22 in Game Guides
Some AR's like the m14 have the option of single fire. People say that it
makes it easier to tap fire. But the gun is already easy to tap fire in full auto due
to a fairly slow fire rate. So my question is, what is the point of it?
The recoil, and spread feel very much identical...
Are there any benefits I am unaware of?

Comments

• AccibiterAccibiter
    Combat Arms Rep: 940
    edited May 22
    I think it's just that it forces you to tap fire. It's more of a learning tool in my opinion.
  • THRILLERTHRILLER
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,695
    edited July 10
    ARCT3CH wrote: »
    Some AR's like the m14 have the option of single fire. People say that it
    makes it easier to tap fire. But the gun is already easy to tap fire in full auto due
    to a fairly slow fire rate. So my question is, what is the point of it?
    The recoil, and spread feel very much identical...
    Are there any benefits I am unaware of?

Some guns have high damage and high recoil and offer the option of single fire which allows for greater and equal time between shots for the most efficient tap fire
    1razortaps
  • BakedPineappleBakedPineapple
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,170
    edited July 15
    I'm not sure if this applies to single fire, but on most AR's if you switch it to burst mode your crosshair is smaller than when its on full auto. Perhaps it does the same for single?
  • ARCT3CHARCT3CH
    Combat Arms Rep: 515
    edited July 17
    Cross hairs stay the same. Also on guns with slow fire rate, like the m14 series, are already easy to tap fire. And when I go back and forth, there is not a noticeable difference...
  • HexcrestHexcrest
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,500
    edited August 17
    Like @Accibiter said, I think some people panic and end up spraying in certain situations on full auto. Even though the fire rate of the M14 is slow, you aren't picking your shots when you go auto vs single.
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    Combat Arms Rep: 16,775
    edited August 26
    Basically they are all completely useless, there is absolutly nothing that single fire or burst does that you can't do better by manually tapping or bursting while using your gun in full auto mode.

The only noticeable "exception" is the tighter spread-while-moving of the an-94 in burst mode, but it generally isn't worth the significantly lower dps.
  • Spambox1Spambox1
    Combat Arms Rep: 2,620
    edited September 5
    Wouldnt it make sense in some ways to use burst though, guns that do 3HK (burst ~= kill, if all bullets connect the body), while it would also help shooting several rounds with greater accuracy over an increased distance.
    I still dont like using burst myself as i never know if im running around that corner and face one or six players, though i guess playstyle differs alot from player to player and some may like it and some dont.