A first look at the weapon rebalancing

Comments

  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    Combat Arms Rep: 15,770
    Posts: 2,419
    Member
    edited June 13
    ManoOh wrote: »
    Aethelwyna wrote: »
    It's something I don't really understand either. Rare guns should remain rare. Not because of their power, but because of the rarity of their skins.
    Rare skins are a good reason to make items expensive, csgo is a good example of that.
    I have a load of rares/epics too. I don't mind them getting "nerfed" to not be stronger than the normal variants, but they should remain rare and hard to get skins.
    Especially because if the weapons are balanced to the normal version, there is no reason to make them more common at all, as it doesnt influence the gameplay. If anything they should remain rare as it's the only thing justifying their price.

    Could you perhaps explain me how the "barrier" works or where I could find info about it? :/

    (Extra note: in your p90 example, the p90TR SE did not get nerfed at all (at least I don't see it changed in the list you provided). Only the custom did, and the normal p90 SE's got a BUFF to be as strong as the tr se. Very weird as I already considered the base p90's and p90tr's some of the best smg's of the game. They were absolute monsters in this beta now, completely dominating the normal eli mode together with the duals.)

    I linked you the stream already but here you go https://youtube.com/watch?v=MnqDfKG-qDM#t=67m50s

    And now requesting yourself, how useful this "rebalance" regarding this P90 example is. How many player have the normal variant P90 and how many player other variants.
    At the end, you see tons of variants now with the same performance.

    We want balance, I want that too, no worries, but what is happening with this rebalance is the total wrong way for their paying customers + it will not change the outrage against OPness, this will still exist after the rebalance. That's a promise.

    Nexon can create Balance with implenting settings, like it happens in ranked MM, and seriously stop sellilng the rares. This already is helping.
    Player suggested already to implent hardcore to casual MM and that's the way Nexon should prioritize.

    Thank you! I must've missed it, because I didn't get any notices.. :/
    It does sound like that they keep the rare items rare (but also obtainable via GP), but without them having the "stat bonusses" then.
    I agree that the rebalancing could've done better. It would've been better if they gave other models of the same weapon certain benefits, but also downsides to compensate instead of just copy pasting the stats over all models.
    Offcourse there will always be items stronger than other items, the goal of "balancing" a game is just to make the differences not "too big", that everything stays decently viable, including the extremes. I agree they went.. overboard with this patch.
    Just like numerous other people have already pointed out, another option would've been just adding the hardcore setting to casual, then this whole rebalancing update wouldn't have been necessary at all. Its just a choice nexon made.

    Personally I don't mind the changes, as it'll allow me to use my rares etc more often. I generally don't enjoy using them as much because I don't find it satisfying defeating people with plain better gear. Maybe i'll be able to take the dust off some epics now.
    Then again, I do agree that a lot of these weapons might loose the feeling of what makes them original.
    I understand that people are upset that they loose the advantage they paid for aswell.
    To be honest, they never should've been able to get an objective stat advantage by paying more money to begin with, the whole "p2w" aspect of this game was never a good thing... But the damage had been done, and simply taking it away now is not something the community wants either, appearently.

    Selling objectively better items for a higher price isn't good, its just "pay to win".
    Selling just skins works on other games, but the community on CA simply has another mindset.
    We're not getting hardcore matchmaking for casual because.. reasons? I'd guess they don't want to split up the playerbase even further? I don't know... There probably is a good reason for it but god knows what.

    I do think it can bring the game on a more balanced, even playing field, but whether this was the best approach? Probably not.
    But I also think people can get used to the changes and to a more.. "equal" playing field, which could benefit the game in the long run, as this update essentially gets rid of powercreeps.
  • ManoOhManoOh
    Combat Arms Rep: 22,800
    Posts: 3,295
    Member
    edited June 13
    Aethelwyna wrote: »
    I do think it can bring the game on a more balanced, even playing field, but whether this was the best approach? Probably not.
    But I also think people can get used to the changes and to a more.. "equal" playing field, which could benefit the game in the long run, as this update essentially gets rid of powercreeps.

    The thing is, Nexon is going for a big change with Janus anyway. I am unsure, if the playerbase which is used since the start of Combat Arms to lobby based game seriously adapt to a MM based game. It is overfludded with casuals who want have fun playing with friends. Scrubbing this lobby based game + the existing arsenal for the sake of rebalance while this rebalance seems seriously weird and pretty risky to me.

    It could be done on a serious different way which is smoother and more user friendly because the user could choose between hardcore and normal but nobody would loose anything of the items which they purchased and/or worked for during the years.
    This Janus is a problem in itself. Releasing it + the rebalance is the biggest mistake IMO.
    There are player who have no problems with skins and have no problem with this rebalance. But most of times, these are people who are used to games with skins and also, who purchased skins + havent payed that much NX for items because of their performances.
    But the most people purchased items because performances or worked on jobs to upgrade weapons because of it. They didn't purchase weapons just for the sake of having the skin.


    Aethelwyna
  • PumaPuma
    Combat Arms Rep: 2,505
    Posts: 452
    Member
    edited June 13
    How it is rebalance any way ? Some have lower recoil or better scope. The one who us sniper on long distance and the other SMG ? And Nexon restart the selling for difrent bullettes and speed equipment ? Just make it more confuse for new players to start ? I realy dont know, something is not real bad, but the most are ******
  • ijustplayblacklungijustplayblacklung
    Combat Arms Rep: 670
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited June 13
    I do wonder about some guns that have scopes attached by default being turned into weapons that do not have scopes...
  • ManoOhManoOh
    Combat Arms Rep: 22,800
    Posts: 3,295
    Member
    edited June 13
    I do wonder about everything.
  • SkagSkag
    Combat Arms Rep: 5,410
    Posts: 351
    Member
    edited June 13
    ManoOh wrote: »
    I do wonder about everything.

    Not do I. :D

    (we had this little saying over all those years in our clans: "Nexon, Combat Arms, da fragst du nocht?" :DDD)
    ManoOh
  • ManoOhManoOh
    Combat Arms Rep: 22,800
    Posts: 3,295
    Member
    edited June 13
    Skag wrote: »
    (we had this little saying over all those years in our clans: "Nexon, Combat Arms, da fragst du nocht?" :DDD)

    Was quakt der Frosch die Sonne an :D

  • Spambox1Spambox1
    Combat Arms Rep: 2,495
    Posts: 421
    Member
    edited June 17
    I was wondering if anyone know if there will be any changes to the snipers that wasnt in the list, mainly the M99-II and ZVI Falcon.
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    Combat Arms Rep: 15,770
    Posts: 2,419
    Member
    edited June 18
    Spambox1 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone know if there will be any changes to the snipers that wasnt in the list, mainly the M99-II and ZVI Falcon.

    The list isn't complete yet, it was a work in progress.
  • KillercasKillercas
    Combat Arms Rep: 430
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited June 19
    I started in CA in July 2008. Got a lot of NX over the years. Played the Janus beta when I could and if I could ever get a game.
    Because of the amount, and different varieties of weapons I got, bought, saved (when I didnt need them), or earned.. well I feel a little violated. lol.
    With all the changes a lot of those differences will be gone. No need to go euip slightly different for a different map etc (which I used to like doing).
    Anyway it sounds like Janus will be great for free to play GP only users.
    But, for me, I have to consider Combat Arms gone on June 21 which it is.
    And Janus will be a new game out there available that I happen to have a lot of "stuff" for, much of it just duplicates. I guess I'll find out in a couple days.
    One thing for sure - it will never be the same. At list the game owners had a base of players to plop down into their new game.
  • SirDewSirDew
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,780
    Posts: 264
    Member
    edited June 19
    i wanna know what will happen to my deckland's f2000 tactical i bought 50k nx license. i bought it coz its a beast gun. now it will suks. i want compensation about it.
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    Combat Arms Rep: 15,770
    Posts: 2,419
    Member
    edited June 19
    SirDew wrote: »
    i wanna know what will happen to my deckland's f2000 tactical i bought 50k nx license. i bought it coz its a beast gun. now it will suks. i want compensation about it.

    I don't think we have any news of epic guns being nerfed yet.
    That being said, you can also consider it as "maybe you'll be able to use the gun now and still need skill to do well" if they get rebalanced.
    I'm looking forward to it in that way, I'll be glad to finally take the dust off some epics that havent seen action in months.
    Killercas wrote: »
    I started in CA in July 2008. Got a lot of NX over the years. Played the Janus beta when I could and if I could ever get a game.
    Because of the amount, and different varieties of weapons I got, bought, saved (when I didnt need them), or earned.. well I feel a little violated. lol.
    With all the changes a lot of those differences will be gone. No need to go euip slightly different for a different map etc (which I used to like doing).
    Anyway it sounds like Janus will be great for free to play GP only users.
    But, for me, I have to consider Combat Arms gone on June 21 which it is.
    And Janus will be a new game out there available that I happen to have a lot of "stuff" for, much of it just duplicates. I guess I'll find out in a couple days.
    One thing for sure - it will never be the same. At list the game owners had a base of players to plop down into their new game.

    I must admit it's a bit annoying to know that a ton of money I spent is now essentially wasted with everything being gp-permable, but I hope it'll attract more players and create a more healthy player base over time.
  • SirDewSirDew
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,780
    Posts: 264
    Member
    edited June 19
    R.I.P. My money I spent in this game . . . no more mei set, decklands f2000 tactical, (ACE) M6A2 SRT custom, snow camo AR-15 double barrel CORE+, SEA CAMO M4A1 SOPMOD CORE
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    Combat Arms Rep: 15,770
    Posts: 2,419
    Member
    edited June 19
    SirDew wrote: »
    R.I.P. My money I spent in this game . . . no more mei set, decklands f2000 tactical, (ACE) M6A2 SRT custom, snow camo AR-15 double barrel CORE+, SEA CAMO M4A1 SOPMOD CORE

    -Mei is still a recon vest with an xp/gp set bonus. Whether the meta swaps to tank gear or remains on the (nerfed) speed gear remains to be seen.
    -Afaik we don't know if Deckys got nerfed, and to what extend.
    -A non-custom m6a2 is still a very good gun, if anything it wont be a broken laserbeam anymore?
    -The ar15 is still good at what it's supposed to do: brainless headshot spraying at close to mid range.
    -The m4a1 sopmod (non-custom version) didnt suffer of any big nerfs. its core bonusses were neglegable anyways. If anything it doesn't really fit the list.

    If you only spent money on items considered overpowered, then don't complain if "everything" got nerfed.
  • CoolaBoqCoolaBoq
    Combat Arms Rep: 410
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited June 19
    Offering the NX versions for GP perm makes the game fair. Played can choose how they spend thier GP and will have diversity. Nerfing weapons I paid cash for is a rip off. I bought the ACE m200 ghillie custom, Ace M39 desert custom and Dragonov SVDS LE Custom because of their stats and if they get nerfed I demand my money back. You claim to have hundreds of weapons, and say this is balanced. All I see is a lot of different pictures of the same gun. How many of the SR's have 165 damage and 99 accuracy? Whats the difference in this and just having 1 ar, 1 sr 1 mg etc and selling skins? guns that sold for NX get nerfed and I will NEVER spend another dollar on this game. I do not have any trust that what I am buying is what I get to keep. I sacrificed a lot to spend real cash that was needed elsewhere and this is the thanks they give back? Thats BS and I'm pissed.
    VidSic
  • SJesterSJester
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,025
    Posts: 96
    Member
    edited June 20
    This new system reminds me of Crossfire's - you could spend ingame 'GP' to buy a perm weapon, and you can also skip the grind and buy it with real money as well. Alongside the shooting range, I feel that this will definitely help draw in newer players / keep current ones (the ones that didn't spend ridiculous amounts of real money in the hopes of one-upping other players).

    My only concern with this update is the fact that I saw the "Halloween Sickle" in the GP shop during the beta. As far as most players are concerned in regards to 'Knife Only' matches, the Halloween Sickle or "HSickle" is extremely overpowered compared to most other weapons in the same category.
    Aethelwyna
  • Spambox1Spambox1
    Combat Arms Rep: 2,495
    Posts: 421
    Member
    edited June 21
    Thanks for the answer Aethelwyna.

    In regards to people who did spend real money on combat arms, it seems not many did read the agreement...
    In the agreement it did state that nexon owns any and all rights to change and/or remove game content without having to reimbruise/compensate people who spent nx on said content.
    This is not an exact copy of what it said but it carries the same message and that was from the oh so old agreement everyone accepted when creating your accounts, meaning you realy got no right to complain about it.
  • IllIIlIllIIl
    Combat Arms Rep: 6,635
    Posts: 1,286
    Member
    edited June 21
    Spambox1 wrote: »
    In regards to people who did spend real money on combat arms, it seems not many did read the agreement...
    In the agreement it did state that nexon owns any and all rights to change and/or remove game content without having to reimbruise/compensate people who spent nx on said content.
    This is not an exact copy of what it said but it carries the same message and that was from the oh so old agreement everyone accepted when creating your accounts, meaning you realy got no right to complain about it.
    What a big bunch of nonsense, Nexon explicitly asked for user feedback (on multiple occasions) so they have every right to give these changes a negative critique if that's how they feel about it.
  • Spambox1Spambox1
    Combat Arms Rep: 2,495
    Posts: 421
    Member
    edited June 21
    IllIIl wrote: »
    What a big bunch of nonsense, Nexon explicitly asked for user feedback (on multiple occasions) so they have every right to give these changes a negative critique if that's how they feel about it.

    Giving critique and complaining is two very different things.
    My post was specifically ment towards people who complained about wanting compensation for stuff they bought because they felt ripped off, the item isnt the same as when they bought it or whatever other stupid reason.
    You might end up getting the message if you do actually read the post as a "whole" and not simply the last sentence of the entire post.