Black Lung - Thank you

ManoOhManoOh
Combat Arms Rep: 21,465
edited June 17 in Player vs. Environment Modes
Since a pretty long time we had troubles in Black lung with the movements of infected. They simply did not move properly out of their spawn points.
With the beginning of this month, the infected do not even attack afk people. I reported this and it is still relevant.

But it seems with this last maintenance now that infected are moving again faster out of their spawn points. It is even close to possible again, to kill all spawning infected before the time runs out to complete the mission.

I hope that was intended and want thank for this <3

If it wasn't intended, it would be cool to recheck what was changed in that mode and increase the movement even a bit stronger, so it becomes seriously possible again to kill all infected within the given time to complete the mission.

Comments

• JakubbPLJakubbPL
    Combat Arms Rep: 420
    edited June 26
    DO you search for players to play black lung? I would love to join you guys. IGN: Goodertheyou
  • NXErisNXEris
    Combat Arms Rep: 25,430
    Administrator
    edited July 14
    Interesting. During the maintenance you are referring to, we updated the server settings and applied the settings previously tested in the "lag test channel" to all other channels. It seems an increased server tick rate made the Infected move again. :D
  • ManoOhManoOh
    edited July 14
    @NXEris

Thx for this info. It is now seriously again possible to clear all spawning infecteds in BL.

In this video you can notice one strange thing. The gate opens pretty late. It should open 1 minute before the time rounds out.
    That happens sometimes in a while. No clue when this happens exactly. But here you see, that we managed finally again to clear all infected before the time ran out.
    It wasn't possible since (let me guess) round aobut 2 years or longer. The infected move faster again which also can lead now to some complains, that they are too fast.
    I have seen already a few player complaining, that the infected are too fast now :D
    No wonder, they are used to the slow poks since a pretty long time.
    But finally they are acting again, how it should be.

But now this increased tick rate lead maybe again to other problems. I reported this here:
    http://forums.combatarms.nexon.net/discussion/32070/lags-in-ft-example-cabin-fever#latest - Sorry I forgot to attach the video in it.

First of all, the infected kill again thru walls, this is a new thing again, that did not happen before.
    Secondly:
    ManoOh wrote: »
    Since Reloaded there are extreme lag issues to all player in Cabin. This always happens so soon many infected meet each other in any place of this map.
    It seems like the server can't handle many infected at one place and this is producing extreme lag spikes to the player in the room.

I will add a video example to a later point.

It also happens in Black Lung. I have no clue about other FT-modes yet.

Can this be related to the increased tick rate?

• GonnaCatchThemAllGonnaCatchThemAll
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,260
    edited July 14
    NXEris wrote: »
    Interesting. During the maintenance you are referring to, we updated the server settings and applied the settings previously tested in the "lag test channel" to all other channels. It seems an increased server tick rate made the Infected move again. :D

Hmm... is this the reason why more then half of the NPCs in Desert Thunder will shoot you before you are even in rage to see them? And on top of that they got dead straight aim.
  • ManoOhManoOh
    edited July 14
    Hmm... is this the reason why more then half of the NPCs in Desert Thunder will shoot you before you are even in rage to see them? And on top of that they got dead straight aim.

That's exactly the what I mean. We had specific problems in years ago, e.g. these hacker terrorists, infected killing thru walls or lag issues in crouded infected situations, but they moved well. Then, they didn't move well, but the mentioned problems above weren't existing.
    Now the tick rate got increased, now we have again these problems. Seems a funny situation :D

GonnaCatchThemAll
  • NXErisNXEris
    Combat Arms Rep: 25,430
    Administrator
    edited July 14

I'm heavily suspecting it is since there were literally no changes at all applied to Fireteam. Only thing that changed around mid June was the server tick rate, so probably that's why the NPCs are on fire these days :D
    GonnaCatchThemAll
  • ManoOhManoOh
    edited July 14
    I'm heavily suspecting it is since there were literally no changes at all applied to Fireteam. Only thing that changed around mid June was the server tick rate, so probably that's why the NPCs are on fire these days :D
    Imagine now, the terrorists are aiming faster because of the increased tick rate ;)
    This would be my guess, why the DT-Player have again the aimbotting terrorists which they had already years ago.
    I don't know but I see like GonnaCatchThemAll a connection.

GonnaCatchThemAll
  • UwaaiUwaai
    Combat Arms Rep: 9,435
    edited July 14
    that's why the NPCs are on fire these days :D

They're being dumb, too.
  • 121_121_
    Combat Arms Rep: 710
    edited July 15

@NXEris could you ask the dev team (or whomever handles the Fireteam stuff) to look into to the bots and make them a bit more dull/dumb? Because it's one thing to have hard bots and another thing when they continue to fire at the wall your standing behind and they won't stop fireing (infinite ammo) at the wall until you move away from the wall to their line of sight and all their shots hits you dead on and you die instantly. That's straight out aimbot... by bots ;)

I can't really make any real suggestions since I don't know how the bots work but perhaps change their lock on players down a bit on % or there % to fire at all down a bit (if the bots now work on a % base coding).