MatchMaking is useless

pan1994pan1994
Combat Arms Rep: 1,770
edited July 15 in General Discussion
Hello guys, I want to make some considerations on MM.

Consider those players:
me - 2.18 kdr
my brother - 1.15 kdr
my friend - 0.58 kdr

If we all press 'play' at the same time, 70 % of the time MM will place us in the same room. And if it doesn't, it's enough to try one more time.

The main reason why MM exists should be to group players with the same skill level and connection in the same room. This does not happen neither for the skill level nor for the connection. I myself get really often placed in rooms with people much better or much worse than me and with people with a much better connection and a strong ping advantage.

Same happens in ranked MM because the are only few players online and MM always maximizes the radius and puts you with people with different skill level.

If MM doesn't consider the skill level and the connection, why was it implemented? What's his utility? Just to join a game faster? We had 'quick join' for that.

Acceleratorjordan407ca

Comments

• CC_FANGCC_FANG
    Combat Arms Rep: 13,350
    Member, Game Master
    edited July 15
    The server selection issue is something they have been working on, and it is definitely a priority. I realize you are addressing more than just the geographical region, but this relates to your comments above, and so I thought I'd post it for you:
    http://forums.combatarms.nexon.net/discussion/comment/74961/#Comment_74961
  • unreal44unreal44
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,060
    edited July 16
    tell us why they had it right in game whats wrong now did they miss something
  • unreal44unreal44
    edited July 16
    unreal44 wrote: »
    tell us why they had it right in game whats wrong now did they miss something

b4 the update
  • unreal44unreal44
    edited July 16
    what makes me sad is there asking for pc spec sadnexon so ,.ing sad I hate to be this whay I'm sayin fix ur dam laggin severs
  • unreal44unreal44
    edited July 16
    pan1994 wrote: »

Consider those players:
    me - 2.18 kdr
    my brother - 1.15 kdr
    my friend - 0.58 kdr

If we all press 'play' at the same time, 70 % of the time MM will place us in the same room. And if it doesn't, it's enough to try one more time.

The main reason why MM exists should be to group players with the same skill level and connection in the same room. This does not happen neither for the skill level nor for the connection. I myself get really often placed in rooms with people much better or much worse than me and with people with a much better connection and a strong ping advantage.

Same happens in ranked MM because the are only few players online and MM always maximizes the radius and puts you with people with different skill level.

If MM doesn't consider the skill level and the connection, why was it implemented? What's his utility? Just to join a game faster? We had 'quick join' for that.

if I didn't lag so bad ide help u out
  • unreal44unreal44
    edited July 16
    here u whant specs go toi youtube
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    Combat Arms Rep: 15,770
    edited July 16
    There is double posting, and there is quadruple posting...
    Plissken79Spambox1Knife098
  • jordan407cajordan407ca
    Combat Arms Rep: 2,185
    edited July 16
    pan1994 wrote: »

Consider those players:
    me - 2.18 kdr
    my brother - 1.15 kdr
    my friend - 0.58 kdr

Yup the mm got exposed. They should change the name to "JGF" - join a game faster.
  • unreal44unreal44
    edited July 16
    ask urself does it matter anymore an think
  • unreal44unreal44
    edited July 16
    plzzzzzzzzzz let me know when I'm asked something an I answer back its spame so sad u rf
  • ManoOhManoOh
    Combat Arms Rep: 22,800
    edited July 16
    Yup the mm got exposed. They should change the name to "JGF" - join a game faster.

Normal MM is nothing else than "Quick Join".
    That's how it seems to me after nearly 1 month of being active.

jordan407caAethelwynachillbroCommanderSWEBOXHEAD