Patch Notes 2.8.2017

NXErisNXEris
Combat Arms Rep: 27,680
Administrator
edited August 2 in Updates
Bug Fixes:
  • a bug causing the fire rate and shooting pattern of terrorist NPCs in Fireteam to be abnormally high for Sniper Rifles
  • a bug that caused the chat to not properly display messages for hidden/unhidden players on the friends list
  • a bug causing the voice chat to not work on the Australian servers

Changes:
  • mine damage has been changed from 40 to 24
  • mine explosion radius has been changed from 550 to 250
  • all projectile weapons (e.g Mines) are now immune to damage from team members
  • Infected HP regeneration has been changed from 10% base HP to 20% base HP after 3 seconds of standing still
  • an option to set a maximum amount of FPS has been added

FPSCapOption.png

New Item:

Firestorm Mystery Box

Contains:
  • Firestorm Mask
  • Firestorm Vest
  • RPG-7 Firestorm
  • Desert Eagle Firestorm
  • M21E Firestorm

When all 5 set items are equipped simultaneously, the following bonuses are granted:

GP Bonus: +6%
EXP Bonus: +15%
NPC Damage: +30%
NPC Protection: +30%
Headshot Protection: +10%
Speed Bonus: +4%
Stamina Bonus: +30%

Known Issues:
  • players above 5300 Ranking only gaining 1 point for winning games
  • custom rooms not properly connecting to NA/AUS servers
  • various FPS/lag issues in Fireteam causing problems in later rounds
  • Firestorm RPG dealing 90 instead of 40 DMG
PterodromaSyntasticOneMultiFPSDaLastOneBowser666dasgonzalo

Comments

• skymancerskymancer
    Combat Arms Rep: 4,895
    edited August 2
    nerfing is not the answer -.-
    ArditForumerZLuckyCursechok1man
  • Spambox1Spambox1
    Combat Arms Rep: 2,630
    edited August 2
    This could be fun: "an option to set a maximum amount of FPS has been added"
    Edit: Also noticed that fps have been capped to 500 if the fps setting is on disabled.
  • skymancerskymancer
    edited August 2
    Spambox1 wrote: »
    This could be fun: "an option to set a maximum amount of FPS has been added"

i can ask you some quetion ? if i had bad PC i can set it in maximum of FPS ?
    im not really know what is FPS if you can explan me. ty
  • Spambox1Spambox1
    edited August 2
    Yes that would be correct, limiting the fps to a low number will make it lag less locally and could improve the playing experience alot on a older computer.

Edit: Do note that "all projectile weapons (e.g Mines) are now immune to damage from team members" still means that walking over your own mines mixed with mines from the enemy team will still be able to set them all off.
    skymancer
  • iSilvaSenpaiiSilvaSenpai
    Combat Arms Rep: 745
    edited August 2
    I ussually have 200 FPS in lobby but I think in lobby It should be locked to 60 FPS, because my computer (desktop) makes weird noises while playing CA:R while in other games my PC looks like a freezer :/

edited August 2
    Does this option ONLY look FPS in lobby? PLS HELP
  • Spambox1Spambox1
    edited August 2
    No the FPS lock works as intended both in lobby and while ingame.
    Tested abit using Fraps fps counter and it did overlap with the settings i used.
    iSilvaSenpai
    edited August 2
    I have a 60hz monitor should I lock It to 60 FPS or to something like 200 FPS?
  • JJoHHJJoHH
    Combat Arms Rep: 525
    edited August 2
    I have a 60hz monitor should I lock It to 60 FPS or to something like 200 FPS?

You're bound to have screen tearing or even lag if you leave your FPS limit above your refresh rate of your monitor. In this case it's 60Hz meaning it can only sync up to 60 frames per second. I would suggest investing in a 144Hz monitor in future if you ever want to see I massive improvement in frames.
  • SyntasticOneSyntasticOne
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,860
    edited August 2
    Thanks for these changes! Mine nerfs/Infected HP regen buffs much obliged.
    MultiFPS
  • MultiFPSMultiFPS
    Combat Arms Rep: 4,075
    edited August 2
    It's like you read it right out of my diary, well at least the changes made to the mines.
  • Clonad9Clonad9
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,400
    edited August 2
    For those who are interested in Mine in the box :
    ArditLuckyCurse
  • ArditArdit
    Combat Arms Rep: 3,105
    edited August 2
    "Let's fix the over powered equipment to make Ranked the main mode of CA" - Nexon
    *Nerfs gear, RPGs, nades, mines*
    ...turns QR into a MG camp fest, penetrable mainly by 1-2 ping players.

"Let's fix the lag" - Nexon
    *Adds an in game FPS limiter*
    ...does almost nothing to the lag, mainly just keeps your computer fans quieter.

"Let's unnerf the zombie HP" - Nexon
    *Increases the regen rate*
    ...does nothing to help them when they're chased. If they're lucky to escape, it just gives camping humans less time to collect themselves.

You're focusing on Ranked and destroying everything else. Not everyone is playing this game to compete in a tournament.

Do what you do with snipers: snipers 1 hit humans in Elim but are like pistols in QR.

AND HOLY BULLETS, GIVE MATCH MAKING TO ALL MODES. I don't understand *why* it's taking so long. Do you not have plans for it?

This patch fixed 3 bugs. THREE. In 1 week. Everything else is a database value change.

This is lazy work.
    skymancerIts2Sharp4UiSilvaSenpaiJakFudoForumerZLuckyCurseiitiagop98
  • DaLastOneDaLastOne
    Combat Arms Rep: 3,065
    edited August 2
    Love the updates and i also personally love the patch notes telling us what is fixed and what is yet to be fixed or to come :)
  • JakFudoJakFudo
    Combat Arms Rep: 415
    edited August 2
    So basically; pump out more sharply colored junk variations of weapons and gear and continue to have RPGS do a measly 20 damage.

But hey! At least you brought mines down a peg too. Literally have not had a single game where explosives were allowed and people weren't spamming them to the high heavens. All you have to do is make a rule set that disallows them. Its actually insane that I've been waiting for more diverse ruleset options for almost a decade now.
  • ForumerZForumerZ
    Combat Arms Rep: 15,070
    edited August 2
    At least they dont make mines complete useless as Rpg/Law.
  • skymancerskymancer
    edited August 3
    ForumerZ wrote: »
    At least they dont make mines complete useless as Rpg/Law.

in QR it is useless for free runner now :/
    the radius explosion is too low same as dmg.
  • PterodromaPterodroma
    Combat Arms Rep: 8,535
    edited August 3
    JakFudo wrote: »
    So basically; pump out more sharply colored junk variations of weapons and gear and continue to have RPGS do a measly 20 damage.

They do 40 dmg
  • MoonwolfMoonwolf
    Combat Arms Rep: 565
    edited August 6
    i am a triple diamond account holder. wana know how much MONEY that takes? I could buy a car with that. instead now ive got to either buld or purchase some ungodly overclocked PC just so i can play CA? ill get a newer machine but i dont think ill play CA anymore. you guys really lost thousands of players due to this upgrade
    skymancerMarkovic
  • JakFudoJakFudo
    Combat Arms Rep: 415
    edited August 9
    Moonwolf wrote: »
    i am a triple diamond account holder. wana know how much MONEY that takes? I could buy a car with that. instead now ive got to either buld or purchase some ungodly overclocked PC just so i can play CA? ill get a newer machine but i dont think ill play CA anymore. you guys really lost thousands of players due to this upgrade

You could literally run Combat Arms on a potato. If your pc is struggling with the reloaded additions then just turn them off, but really; if theyre a problem you should be looking at upgrades anyways cause they're not that intensive.