VAC on Combat Arms

JackerouxJackeroux
Combat Arms Rep: 975
Posts: 98
Member
edited August 12 in General Discussion
On CSGO there is something called VAC ( Valve Anti Cheat ) and it is going through your computer to find cheats, once he found one you get a VAC ban. Does CA:R has something simular to that?

Comments

  • ZyorbekZyorbek
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 243
    Member
    edited August 12
    Jackeroux wrote: »
    On CSGO there is something called VAC ( Valve Anti Cheat ) and it is going through your computer to find cheats, once he found one you get a VAC ban. Does CA:R has something simular to that?

    Combat Arms currently uses XIGNCODE3, which is nowhere near the power of VAC. The former anticheat was AhnLab Hackshield, which was also known for being inefficient, also I argue after 8 years was increasingly powerful. Combat Arms also uses Nexon Game Security, and Nexon's own Black Cipher. The memory leaks with Black Cipher have been fixed long ago.
    Superman1132
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    Combat Arms Rep: 12,390
    Posts: 1,986
    Member
    edited August 12
    Also note that VAC is property of the company Valve. Nexon would have to basically buy it from Valve if they wanted to use it.

    VAC isn't perfect either. If it was, then why tf does csgo has the little "spectating to see if someone hacks" thingy?..
    To not mention the amount of crap going on on some games like MW2.
    Superman1132AcceleratorJudasPriest
  • JackerouxJackeroux
    Combat Arms Rep: 975
    Posts: 98
    Member
    edited August 12
    Aethelwyna wrote: »
    "spectating to see if someone hacks"

    Its called overwatch
    But after all CSGO is sh!t compared to CA
    Aethelwyna
  • IownanduqqIownanduqq
    Combat Arms Rep: 6,640
    Posts: 625
    Member
    edited August 12
    XIGNCOD3 seems to work 100000000000 to the 10th power better than the ahn labs hack shield did. When they went to XIGNCOD3, the hacking dropped almost instantaneously. Uts a good and effective hack shield, Neon did a good job there.
  • THRILLERTHRILLER
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,440
    Posts: 166
    Member
    edited August 12
    Jackeroux wrote: »
    On CSGO there is something called VAC ( Valve Anti Cheat ) and it is going through your computer to find cheats, once he found one you get a VAC ban. Does CA:R has something simular to that?

    You need to understand how bad VAC is almost equally as bad at catching hackers as whatever CA has even though it company is 10x the size
  • TropicChaos2TropicChaos2
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,745
    Posts: 109
    Member
    edited August 12
    VAC does NOT go through your stuff and will not "ban you if it finds" stuff. It's a moderately simple, privacy-friendly anticheat software.

    CA currently uses XIGNCODE3, with a few different detection systems - on paper it's a bit more invasive and effective compared to VAC, yet ALLEGEDLY its implementation in CA is lackluster (with old cheats being able to run just by changing their checksums), resulting in idiotic threads about how the anticheat doesn't work and it's easily "bypassed".

    Note that receiving a VAC ban is essentially the same as being manually banned or automatically banned by the anticheat in Combat Arms. All that is affected is your account, and you can just buy another copy of the game/create a new account to be able to keep playing.
    AethelwynaNXChelshee
  • P0R0T0P0R0T0
    Combat Arms Rep: 800
    Posts: 54
    Member
    edited August 12
    Jackeroux wrote: »
    On CSGO there is something called VAC ( Valve Anti Cheat ) and it is going through your computer to find cheats, once he found one you get a VAC ban. Does CA:R has something simular to that?

    Of course not. Putting something like this is a lot of work for them and they do not earn enough to work hard.
  • DepthCharge1DepthCharge1
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,020
    Posts: 80
    Member
    edited August 12
    The vast majority of anti-cheat software does not actively search through files on your computer. The most effective anti-cheat I have ever seen was user made, and was extraordinarily invasive, but that was for a very small community of players on an obscure and dying game (so we were all pretty cool with it).
  • Superman1132Superman1132
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 320
    Member
    edited August 12
    I love a good discussion like this. Continue please.
  • damien637damien637
    Combat Arms Rep: 400
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited August 13
    Jackeroux wrote: »

    Its called overwatch
    But after all CSGO is sh!t compared to CA

    I don't know what Planet you are living on but I love CSGO. I play both and got bored of CSGO because I can't get any higher than Global Elite. CSGO had guns pointing out through walls back then. But then they fixed that but CA hasn't fixed that nor can I get good ping. I don't know why CSGO would be crap compared to CA. I might be reading it wrong but just baffled how CSGO is not better than CA.
  • DepthCharge1DepthCharge1
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,020
    Posts: 80
    Member
    edited August 13
    CSGO is an odd duck. It is in many ways a very good FPS, but at the same time I can't get over a general feeling of wrongness with how the weapons behave. It doesn't have many of the technical issues CA has, because let's face it, Valve has the people and money to fix whatever they need to in a very short time frame. However, the core gameplay of CSGO, while not exactly bad, is not quite as satisfying or fun as that of Combat Arms in my opinion.
    AcceleratorJudasPriest
  • TeleportedTeleported
    Combat Arms Rep: 3,315
    Posts: 347
    Member
    edited August 13
    Iownanduqq wrote: »
    XIGNCOD3 seems to work 100000000000 to the 10th power better than the ahn labs hack shield did. When they went to XIGNCOD3, the hacking dropped almost instantaneously. Uts a good and effective hack shield, Neon did a good job there.

    you know why the amount of hackers dropped? because the game code whom the hack is based on changed, it's like trying to use a minecraft 1.6 hack for the 1.71 version.
    muppets-kermit-the-frog-drinking-tea-but-thats-none-of-my-business-14081239310.gif?id=
  • DepthCharge1DepthCharge1
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,020
    Posts: 80
    Member
    edited August 13
    Fixing exploits is a big part of it, but they have to know what to fix in order for it to be permanent. It is possible that a patch may make a certain cheating program unusable by complete accident, and a subsequent patch may render it operable again.
  • JackerouxJackeroux
    Combat Arms Rep: 975
    Posts: 98
    Member
    edited August 13
    damien637 wrote: »
    Jackeroux wrote: »

    Its called overwatch
    But after all CSGO is sh!t compared to CA

    I don't know what Planet you are living on but I love CSGO. I play both and got bored of CSGO because I can't get any higher than Global Elite. CSGO had guns pointing out through walls back then. But then they fixed that but CA hasn't fixed that nor can I get good ping. I don't know why CSGO would be crap compared to CA. I might be reading it wrong but just baffled how CSGO is not better than CA.

    2k+ hours I'm supreme level 9 faceit... and I still quitted this BS counter-strike game for CA
    PterodromaZyorbek
  • JackerouxJackeroux
    Combat Arms Rep: 975
    Posts: 98
    Member
    edited August 13
    Teleported wrote: »
    Iownanduqq wrote: »
    XIGNCOD3 seems to work 100000000000 to the 10th power better than the ahn labs hack shield did. When they went to XIGNCOD3, the hacking dropped almost instantaneously. Uts a good and effective hack shield, Neon did a good job there.

    you know why the amount of hackers dropped? because the game code whom the hack is based on changed, it's like trying to use a minecraft 1.6 hack for the 1.71 version.
    muppets-kermit-the-frog-drinking-tea-but-thats-none-of-my-business-14081239310.gif?id=

    I used to play minecraft sometimes when I was younger ahahaha ;)
  • Spambox1Spambox1
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 326
    Member
    edited August 13
    Just to tell people something, VAC isnt that secure.
    A simple example of this is that when people in my class played CS, ~half of the class (maybe 10) used hacks to stand a chance against the best player in our class.
    Even so not a single one of them got VAC banned even if we played on VAC secure servers, and we played regularly (atleast several times a week) while attending school for 3 years.

    Now this a quite a while ago but it still shows that not even VAC is that secure, both hacks and anti-cheats are updated.
  • JackerouxJackeroux
    Combat Arms Rep: 975
    Posts: 98
    Member
    edited August 14
    I made some cheats for CSGO too, gave it to some friends but I never used it.
  • CommanderSWECommanderSWE
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,330
    Posts: 97
    Member
    edited August 14
    Maybe they should do MAC bans, however i'm aware that hackers could do MAC spoofing to get around it. But if NEXON were to implement it without letting everyone know they were doing MAC bans more hackers would get caught by it. Just saying.
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    Combat Arms Rep: 12,390
    Posts: 1,986
    Member
    edited August 15
    I just bumped on this:


    That's VAC...
    Honestly ca's antihack isn't THAT bad ;)
    Spambox1
  • TeleportedTeleported
    Combat Arms Rep: 3,315
    Posts: 347
    Member
    edited August 16
    Aethelwyna wrote: »
    I just bumped on this:


    That's VAC...
    Honestly ca's antihack isn't THAT bad ;)

    well games always end up that way once its dying. creators don't update their VAC-shield anymore and that's how CA is going to end up eventually, just like CA Korea
    7a4.png
    Aethelwyna