Service Migration: Goodbye Nexon, Hello Valofe

NXErisNXEris
Combat Arms Rep: 27,680
Administrator
edited September 20 in News
Soldiers,

When we at Nexon launched Combat Arms in the West in 2008, we couldn’t possibly have anticipated the dedication and passion players would play the game with. During almost a decade of service, the development and operations teams working on Combat Arms dedicated their daily lives to keeping the game strong and supporting its players wherever possible.

It is therefore with heavy hearts that we announce that Nexon’s Combat Arms service will be terminated on November 22, 2017.

But don’t fret, Combat Arms will live on. Because we believe in Combat Arms’ future, we’ve found an agreement with Valofe Global, an international publisher, to continue the Combat Arms legacy for Europe, North America, Oceania, and all other territories currently serviced by Nexon. We made this decision because we believe Combat Arms needs a fresh perspective in order to stay a unique and fun experience.

We will make the transition between services as streamlined and accessible as possible, in order for you to be able to continue playing Combat Arms seamlessly. All of your character information, items, and stats will be transferred to Valofe Global’s service on November 22 and they will continue the service shortly after.

In order to migrate your account to Valofe Global’s service, we require your permission. On September 27, we will therefore launch a migration page where you can agree to transfer your character to Valofe Global. Once you have agreed to the migration, you will be able to create a Valofe Global account and link your existing character to that new account.

You will be able to continue playing with your existing character until November 22, and all progress changes (including purchased and earned items) will be saved and transferred to Valofe Global on that day. Shortly after, you will be able to play Combat Arms via their service and continue right where you left off.

We sincerely thank you for your dedication and support throughout the past 9 years. Combat Arms is an exceptional game with an exceptionally passionate community that will always have a special place in our hearts and we are confident Valofe Global’s service will allow it to thrive.

We are sure you have many questions, so we’ve summarized what we think are the most common concerns below. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our customer support or leave a message on our forums any time.

Sincerely,
The Combat Arms Team

Service Migration FAQ

Can I still migrate my account after the beginning of Valofe Global’s Combat Arms service?
You will still be able to agree to the Service Migration Agreement and create a Valofe Global account after the beginning of Valofe Global’s Combat Arms service, in which case your data will be transferred immediately after you complete the migration via their website. Please note that the account migration will only be possible until March 30 2018. After this date, you will not be able to migrate your account anymore and will therefore lose access to it. Whether you choose to migrate your account or not, you will be able to play via Nexon’s service until November 22 2017.

Will I be able to keep my character and items?
Your character will be transferred as-is on the day of the termination of Nexon’s Combat Arms service and you will be able to continue playing with the exact same character and items after the beginning of Valofe Global’s Combat Arms service.

Will I be able to keep my GP after the migration to Valofe Global?
Yes, your GP will be migrated fully, as well as all of your items and stats.

Will I be able to keep my friend list and continue to play with my friends?
Your friend list will be migrated as-is on the day of the termination of Nexon’s Combat Arms service. If your friends choose to migrate their character and make use of Valofe Global’s service, you will be able to play Combat Arms with them as you did before the migration.

Will I be able to keep my Nexon account?
Yes, your Nexon account will not be affected by the migration. You can continue to play other Nexon games with your existing account. Your Combat Arms character and its information, inventory and inbox data will be migrated to Valofe Global, but your account with Nexon will remain.

What will happen to my Nexon Cash?
Your Nexon Cash will remain on your Nexon account and will not be migrated to Valofe Global. You will be able to spend it in other Nexon Games serviced via the Nexon Launcher. All items purchased before the termination of Nexon’s Combat Arms service will be migrated to Valofe Global. If you would like to spend your Nexon Cash in Combat Arms, we therefore suggest to do so before the termination of Nexon’s Combat Arms service.

Can I migrate multiple characters to the same Valofe Global account?
As with Nexon’s Combat Arms service, Valofe’s service will allow one character per account. If you have multiple Nexon accounts which each have a Combat Arms character, all accounts will have to be migrated to a separate Valofe Global account.

I have other questions regarding the service migration.
Before the termination of Nexon’s Combat Arms service, please feel free to contact Nexon’s customer support. After the beginning of Valofe Global’s service, please contact their customer support with any questions regarding your account.

Sylphskymancer1razortapsYorgun_1903VirtualityLuckyCurseBKZ_Smack

Comments

• AethelwynaAethelwyna
    Combat Arms Rep: 16,775
    edited September 20
    TONS OF QUESTIONSS

>Wil the dev team change?

>If yes (probably), will the new dev team continue the development of ca:r like the current team is doing? Will the new devs
    be getting the information of what still needs to happen urgently? Will they not regress the game to utter p2w again?
    Do the new devs know the CA engine? etc...

>Will the forum stay the same, or will it swap to a new one?

>Will the forum mods & community managers etc (including you) stay or will we get new ones?

>Will the current devs keep working on CA untill the transfer, or are you all just quitting because "it'll get transferred in a few months anyways"?

>What will happen to the planned steam release?

Extra note
    >Not transferring NX is really shitty for all the players of which CA is their only Nexon game. It makes sense, but it is shitty nonetheless.
    >You might want to send a notification mail to all players, for the ones that are currently inactive. So that players won't return in a few months to find their account removed.

EDIT: a quick google found this:
    VALOFE Phillippines [formerly Ndoors Phillippines (NDP)] is a former subsection/partner of Nexon, that became VALOFE Global Limited around eight years ago.
    Can I interpret that as "ex Nexon devs that know what they are doing"? It could work. Lotro is proof that such a thing could work.

But we need more information! The faq is only about "what will happen to me and my stuff", not about the game itself.
    TropicChaos2WarielvB_LeaderRealizeXPlissken79ImDomeAcceleratorRadar__LuckyCurse
  • tiA_MatzetiA_Matze
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,595
    edited September 20
    What about the forum? Any information about that? (edit: according to discord they will get shut down)

I feel sorry for the GMs that put their heart into this game. You guys did a really good job trying to keep CA alive. Sadly it didn't work and [removed - please no personal attacks]. I'm feeling like a big part of me is dying but I can't imagine how this must feel for someone like Fang, who has put so much work into this game.

:(

@NXCoyote official statement? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: we need a sad react button in this thread
    TropicChaos2KushyMrWilbermanRadar__LuckyCurse
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    edited September 20
    tiA_Matze wrote: »
    What about the forum? Any information about that? (edit: according to discord they will get shut down)

I feel sorry for the GMs that put their heart into this game. You guys did a really good job trying to keep CA alive. Sadly it didn't work and [removed - please no personal attacks]. I'm feeling like a big part of me is dying but I can't imagine how this must feel for someone like Fang, who has put so much work into this game.

:(

@NXCoyote official statement? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: we need a sad react button in this thread

I blame whatever people decided to release :reloaded in such a shitty, incomplete, buggy state. >:'c
    pageturnTheCAProjectRadar__intwystsisLuckyCurse
  • AlbaniaRamisAlbaniaRamis
    Combat Arms Rep: 6,920
    edited September 20
    wow chelsea would rather engage in a danceoff than tell me about this news, i am angeri

[removed - please no personal attacks] has zero professional game-managing skills and will go off to destroy another game. we told [removed] this would happen, [removed] does nothing about it, and now [removed] get a promotion for selling the game lmao. thanks to the GMs, Eris, and devoted community members for making the best with what we had.

dunno, it's 5am.

edit - where is [removed]? is he here? skiing??? waterboarding??? hallo [removed]???
    tiA_MatzeTropicChaos2KushyvB_LeaderPterodromaplsVALOFEijustplayblacklung
  • SylphSylph
    Combat Arms Rep: 5,030
    edited September 20
    Oh well, at least there's a slim chance for the game now, let's see how this ends up.
  • NXErisNXEris
    Combat Arms Rep: 27,680
    Administrator
    edited September 20
    Aethelwyna wrote: »
    TONS OF QUESTIONSS

As far as I can tell at the moment, the Valofe devs will be supported by some CA veteran devs to handle things more smoothly and efficiently :). What will be done contentwise past November 22nd is up to Valofe, we are not involved in that.

There will very likely be a new forum. If you need anything from this one, please save it in time.
    >Will the forum mods & community managers etc (including you) stay or will we get new ones?

We will not continue working on Combat Arms, you'll get an all new and fresh team.
    >Will the current devs keep working on CA untill the transfer, or are you all just quitting because "it'll get transferred in a few months anyways"?

The current dev team will keep on working on CA until the transfer, but due to the upcoming service migration, development resources will mostly be covering the preparations for that.

It will at least not happen until November.

RealizeXAccelerator
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    edited September 20
    NXEris wrote: »
    TONS OF QUESTIONSS

As far as I can tell at the moment, the Valofe devs will be supported by some CA veteran devs to handle things more smoothly and efficiently :). What will be done contentwise past November 22nd is up to Valofe, we are not involved in that.

There will very likely be a new forum. If you need anything from this one, please save it in time.

We will not continue working on Combat Arms, you'll get an all new and fresh team.

The current dev team will keep on working on CA until the transfer, but due to the upcoming service migration, development resources will mostly be covering the preparations for that.

It will at least not happen until November.

Thanks for the info...
    Concerning info, but okay...
  • __F8triX____F8triX__
    Combat Arms Rep: 4,070
    edited September 20
    My hopes r higher then ever again. I really hope that this company can fix the mistakes you guys made and who knows a comeback from me and my friends.
    TheCAProject
  • lansboenlansboen
    Combat Arms Rep: 27,145
    edited September 20
    I blame undine. @ManoOh
    TropicChaos2tiA_MatzePterodromamagazine2pammyplsVALOFETheCAProjectintwystsis
  • skymancerskymancer
    Combat Arms Rep: 4,865
    edited September 20
    the spec items will return or not ? goodbye nexon :)
    i hope they will fix the game
    GJ reloaded project with shity things :D
    vic_Mei0Tiaga
  • IownanduqqIownanduqq
    Combat Arms Rep: 7,205
    edited September 20
    Hahahahahaha, so basically this is resulting from an admitted failure of leadership it sounds like. Nexon was in such a rush to release Reloaded that they have failed miserably in cleaning up the bugs that plague this game, and as a result, it is on life support. Music, sweet, sweet music. The company failed its players big-time, and guessing from some of the prior comments on this thread, much of that falls into [removed - please no personal attacks] lap, whom hasn't been seen active here on the forum in some time. Sounds like someone may well lose their job.

Players tried to warn nexon about their failure of leadership, and general incompetence regarding the state of the game, and now the fate of the game ultimately lies with Valofe Global. Hate to see it end this way, but you were warned, and your oversight has come back to bite you.

Combat Arms Reloaded was a complete and utter failure.
    __F8triX__EvilInside67tiA_Matzedomy81Leaqerchok1manPlissken79Dr_Morbius1ImDomeTheCAProjectand 4 others.
  • SpezialF0rceSpezialF0rce
    Combat Arms Rep: 405
    edited September 20
    So there will be no patch till November?
  • H3LLIFIKN0WH3LLIFIKN0W
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,380
    edited September 20
    So you are telling me, all that hard work that was put into CA:R was basically a waste of time? So sad....

At least the new service company might make CA:R fun again. Maybe they will fix bugs, bring back E-Mods and Specs. But I agree with lownandugg, you guys were warned by the community, and you did not listen, and now this is the end result. And do not expect Valofe to transfer back to the old CA because 1. That will not happen and 2. They will not have the files to do so.

The state that CA is in right now is the same way it will be once Valofe gets it, then they can work on it from there. Hopefully making it a more enjoyable game. Just look at Dragon Nest, when Nexon had it, it was a complete failure. And now they EyeDenity games has it again. The game is striving and actually has a playerbase and fixed bugs/glitches.
    TheSilentKiller
  • xXMajorxXMajor
    Combat Arms Rep: 940
    edited September 20
    Can you publish ALL the players stats or atleast the killstreaks aka accolades ?
  • xMinexMine
    Combat Arms Rep: 1,675
    edited September 20
    Dirtybomb, First assult, Line of Sights, Warrock and now Combat Arms got sold. Probably the best decsion from Nexon in 9 years. If you sold 5 FPS game then there is not a problem about the game(s), its problem about the publisher.
    TropicChaos2KushypageturnTheSilentKillerDr_Morbius1ijustplayblacklungSOKOLxAcceleratorx__Jekke__xintwystsis
  • AethelwynaAethelwyna
    edited September 20
    To who will I have to nag for inventory space now? ;-;
    ObnoxioustiA_MatzeNXErisCC_FANGPlissken79plsVALOFEDark_KnightAcceleratorxSolorahVirtualityand 1 other.
  • WALLHACKINGWALLHACKING
    Combat Arms Rep: 3,755
    edited September 20
    HAHAHA I FU©KING TOLD YOU GUYS, COMBAT ARMS DIES. THEY FUCKED IT UP SO BADLY WITH RELOADED THAT THEY HAD TO SELL IT.

You guys should've fu©king listened to the community for once
    skymancerLeaqerIblowyourminesDr_Morbius1ijustplayblacklungTheCAProjectAmpraxxSolorahNexonFailMoreintwystsisand 2 others.
  • MamiKOUNA__MamiKOUNA__
    Combat Arms Rep: 3,200
    edited September 20
    Im so sad and shook tbfh..Im used to nexon's gms and company jesus why would u do this for us ?... Ive always said that the reloaded is shitty for some players on forums are always saying nah its good and stuff
    skymancer
  • lansboenlansboen
    Combat Arms Rep: 27,145
    edited September 20
    Teleported wrote: »
    HAHAHA I FU©KING TOLD YOU GUYS, COMBAT ARMS DIES. THEY FUCKED IT UP SO BADLY WITH RELOADED THAT THEY HAD TO SELL IT.

You guys should've fu©king listened to the community for once

Implying CA has just been sold and this wasn't already being discussed before the update. kek
    TropicChaos2AsinusObnoxiousAethelwynaSFVarjoTheSilentKillerPlissken79Dr_Morbius1ijustplayblacklungSyntasticOneand 1 other.
  • MamiKOUNA__MamiKOUNA__
    Combat Arms Rep: 3,200
    edited September 20
    To who will I have to nag for inventory space now? ;-;

You're one that always saying reloaded is shitty and that alot of players like it I always said bring back the old version and u were always saying some bs if they brought back the old version instead of a new company that would be better. Ill say it again CA:R the old ca is way better but ofc ppl like u ruined it for us :)
    EvilInside67skymancer5kywa1kerLuckyCurse